My most recent finish was this precious nautical themed quilt. This is the first quilt I've made with applique, and I don't know what took me so long! It turned out to be easy, and it makes quite an impact!
I used this method with fusible interfacing (Pellon 911FF). I secured it with top stitching. I love that there are no raw edges, so it looks very polished. I did cut away the bottom layer of fabric (navy) and interfacing from the back, which helped reduce bulk and make a softer finished product.
I used seersucker fabric for the large outer border, so it's very light and tactile.
I also embroidered right on the binding instead of attaching a separate label. I will definitely be doing more of this in the future!
Thanks for stopping by!