Monday, November 1, 2010

Fresh and Funky- October

Here are the blocks I made for Cat.  She had us do some really fun blocks, and I got to work on my applique skills a little bit more!
 She sent out fabrics to represent the four seasons, and I got summer (which I happen to love).  She also asked that we use her owl print somewhere on each block, so I perched mine in the tree.
Since this block is all about summer, I figured I'd give her a few strawberries growing under the tree.
I also included a signature block that I forgot to photograph.  Oops.  I sent her some extra blocks for an earthquake quilt, as well.  Cat is from New Zealand and is making quilts for children affected by the recent earthquakes there.  

Thanks for such a fun block this month!

2 comments:

  1. Oh WOW I love it - thank you so much - and Cath Kidston strawberries too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely block Mandy. Is strawberries summer? I have spring and the same fabric. Was also going to make a strawberry patch but you beat me to it!

    ReplyDelete