Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Printable Mailer

Yesterday, I returned my August block to Karen for our Fresh and Funky Quilting Bee.  I really enjoyed the freedom in piecing this block.  Thanks for a fun assignment, Karen!
I didn't have anything to mail my block in, so I decided to make a mailer myself.  I traced a used mailer on card stock, cut out the pieces and stitched them together.  Sounds good, right?  

Then today, I thought about how great it would have looked with a little embellishment!  Well, it's too late for my August block, but maybe you can make use of it!

Here is the finished product:

Paper Airplane Mailer


1. Print my images or your own on cardstock. 
{Idea: It would be really cute to have your kids draw pictures on the cardstock instead of printing something out...if you have kids, that is.}

2. Cut out on the dotted lines, then place your cards wrong sides together, aligning the straight sides.

3. Stitch around the edges with a scant 1/4" seam allowance (if you can call it a seam allowance...).  I set my stitch length at 4.0.

Ta-da!  So easy!!

**If you use my images, please reserve them for private use only.  Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. Your mailer is so cute! I love the clouds and the paper planes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cute idea. I'm packaging up an item today, so going to use this! Thanks x
    www.eatenjoylive.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete