Wednesday, March 17, 2010

WIP Wednesday

I happen to be slightly obsessed with birds right now. I'm really not sure why, except for the fact that they are so cute! So, today's work in progress is all about little birdies! Right now, I am trying to find/create a pattern I like to make some bird softies for several different uses. Here are my first two attempts.

This one is made from a pattern in the book Last-Minute Patchwork + Quilted Gifts by Joelle Hoverson (which I highly recommend). It is very simple, which makes it quite charming.
The one with the tail comes from a pattern on spoolsewing.com. I'm not sure if I messed something up, but it seems to have an extremely curved beak.
So, next time, I think I'll try drawing my own pattern. Do you ever draw your own patterns?

No comments:

Post a Comment