Saturday, March 12, 2011

Just Like Martha Quilt

My friend asked me to make a quilt inspired by this seersucker quilt from Martha Stewart.  She loved the simplicity of the whole thing, from the simple fabrics to the large pattern.  I never would have thought to make a quilt from seersucker, but I know for a fact that it is something I will happily do again.  I absolutely love this quilt, and I hope she loves it too!


I used seersucker, shirting, flannel, and quilting cotton.  I pre-washed everything since each fabric was a different blend of fibers.


The seersucker has so much soft and wonderful texture to it.  It's light and wonderful to hold.  It was actually very easy to piece as well. 


 I used Kona Ash quilting cotton for the back and binding.  It just might be my new favorite solid.


Instead of a spiral pattern, I opted for a square-in-square look.  I think it has to do with my personality...I just like things to be symmetrical and orderly.  I always have.  Probably always will.


So that's my latest creation.  I hope my friend likes it as much as I do!

5 comments:

  1. you are right, this is really simple but nice too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful! inspiring! can you please move back to nc so we can have weekend quilt fests?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I think yours is prettier than Martha's :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it...IF I can remember, I just might do something like this sometimes. And sometimes I just like things simple....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful! Move over Martha.

    ReplyDelete