Friday, May 28, 2010

Oh My Dog Complete!

I finally finished the Oh My Dog quilt I have been working on for the past few weeks.  It didn't take too long to complete the quilt part, but my speed decreased dramatically when it came time to attach the binding.  I love the look of hand attached binding, but it does take me some precious time to complete.

This quilt is much like my Pretty Patchwork quilt that I mentioned last week, except I used disappearing nine patch blocks instead of squares and a rectangle or two.  I love the way it turned out!

I pieced some simple squares into the backing, which makes it very sweet.  

It's quilted with loops in the center, and the borders are just finished off with some "in the ditch" straight lines.  

Now, I'm going camping.  No quilting for me for a few days...  I think I'll survive.

  Enjoy your weekend!!

6 comments:

  1. Mandy, Your quilt is gorgeous. We thought if we followed each others blogs it could be another way to get to know each other ? Have a great weekend. maria :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done! it looks gorgeous - have fun camping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Looks perfect. I love how you hang it to take pictures too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute little quilt! :)

    (my binding takes forever to finish too... I just do little bit by little bit)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one of the prettiest Disappearing Nine Patches I have seen...

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a sweet quilt! love the back!

    ReplyDelete