Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Ugly Quilt Contest





 

Natalia over at Piece 'N Quilt is hosting an Ugly Quilt Contest!  How funny is that?!  Now, I don't know if I'll win...or if I even want to win...but I thought I'd show you which of my quilts I like the least and explain why.

This is my Christmas Log Cabin(ish) quilt.  When I started out, I wanted to make a wonky log cabin quilt from blocks like these at Tallgrass Prairie Studio.  Those blocks are so perfectly unique and different! 

However, the dreaded self-doubt monster quickly took over my project planning, and I decided to make the blocks straight and plain.  Boring.  After making about half the blocks I'd planned, I was so frustrated that I just cut out white squares to finish it off.  I did not want to waste any more time on quilt blocks I didn't even like.  However, the white made it even worse.  Sigh... 
So, here's my entry. Have you ever made an "ugly" quilt?  If so, hop on over the Piece 'N Quilt and join the fun!  Also, leave me a comment here so I can see your entry!

**Update: My ugly quilt didn't win the contest.  I think I may be the only one who thinks it's ugly...**

7 comments:

  1. That post made me laugh - maybe I suffer from bad taste but I really like this quilt - I think the blocks are pretty close up and the whole colour scheme from the photo looks fab. Good luck though! Our fate is in Natalia's hands!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for entereing Mandy! :) I'm glad you have a sense of humor and can make fun of yourslef:) Good luck in the contest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. here via Piece and Quilt and I must say I actually really like this quilt! I think the white is what makes it so fabulous! I love the little inner border and for a Christmas quilt, I REALLY like this! (I don't think you're going to win the "ugly quilt contest" because this quilt is far from ugly!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, it's not that bad, Mandy! But that DOES sound like a fun contest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your comment was so funny - it's so true that Jennfier Aniston would be the coolest facebook friend to have, especially if she had chosen you! Still admiring your quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Funny how we think our own quilts are ugly, but like others' entries :)

    I posted mine at Natalia's blog...

    SheilaC

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there namesake!! Thank you for following my blog, I have joined yours too! Your quilts are just gorgeous, even your ugly one isn't that bad!

    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete