Thursday, May 13, 2010

Zoo Quilt

For me, there is nothing better than photographing a finished quilt. It makes me feel a real sense of accomplishment, and as you quilters know, it is quite an accomplishment to finish a quilt!

This one is going to be a gift from my mother to one of my friends who is expecting her first baby in June. I just love the way it turned out, and I'm pretty sure I would keep it for myself if I had a reason! :) The fabric I based the whole quilt on is 2D Zoo in Chocolate by Michael Miller. I also decided to put sashing around all the blocks to make them stand out.
I pieced the backing from scraps of the quilt top and solid chocolate fabric.  I quilted in vertical straight lines around each row of blocks, which really lets the fabrics stand out.

Here's to a sense of accomplishment!


See more on Flickr- Zoo Quilt 

3 comments: